Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Let's Get Social

I decided to start this blog for one main reason: to share my love of organizing with other people. Each week, I hope that my posts inspire, teach, encourage, and bring joy to others. At the same time, I look forward to hearing from all of you. I want to hear your organizing ideas and learn from you. I want to hear your questions or areas of trouble. A one way conversation is no fun. So, I’m inviting you to get social with me!


In addition to my weekly blog posts, there are a number of ways for us to all connect with one another. I encourage you to check out one or more of the options listed below. I hope you find them as beneficial as I do! 

Connect with Me through E-mail


How to Do It: Just above my photo on the right hand side of my page is a box that says “Subscribe By E-mail.” Type your e-mail in that box to sign-up. You will get a confirmation e-mail almost immediately. The next step is very important, and one that most people forget or overlook. You have to click the link in that confirmation e-mail to confirm your subscription. 

Why to Do It: Each time I post on the blog, that post will be sent directly to your e-mail.

What You Get: You will never miss any new posts. If you’re like me, you are logging in to your e-mail daily anyway so you’ll never have to remember to stop by the blog page. Plus, you can save e-mails/posts you find particularly beneficial in an e-mail folder for easy reference later.



Connect with Me through Facebook


How to Do It: Click the blue and white "f" icon under the “Follow Me” heading on the right hand side of my page or visit www.facebook.com/openconceptorganizing. If you’re already logged in to Facebook, type Open Concept Organizing into the search bar. Click on my page. Click Like or Follow and my posts should show up in your News Feed.

Why to Do It: Right now, I’m only posting one post per week on the blog. Facebook allows me to share organizing related information with you almost daily. Three days a week I share a post from another blog that is organizing or cleaning related. In addition, I always post my weekly blog topic on my Facebook page as well as a flashback post of an organizing blog post from a few months back.

What You Get: This gives you some exposure to other blogs you might like and offers an alternate opinion from my own on different topics. If you aren't subscribed by e-mail and forget to check the blog on a regular basis, you’ll be notified of new posts through Facebook. If you missed a post on the blog from awhile back, it will be showcased on Facebook periodically.



Connect with Me through Instagram


How to Do It: Click the old-school looking camera icon under the “Follow Me” heading on the right hand side of my page or go to www.instagram.com/openconceptorganizing. Click on the +Follow button.

Why to Do It: I’ve found it somewhat difficult to incorporate Instagram into my blog, but thanks to a 31 day purge challenge, I’m starting to get the hang of it. You’ll find photos of my organizing projects and a variety of before and afters. Instagram is also a more personal social media avenue for me so you’ll find photos of my Mister and our furry kid, Mando.

What You Get: Because Instagram consists of photos instead of words (for the most part) it’s easy to scroll through your feed and see what’s new relatively quickly. It can be inspiring to see photos of other people’s work. Through the use of hashtags, you’ll find other people posting photos of similar projects so you get more than one idea all in one place. Plus, if you don’t live in a four season state like Michigan, you’ll get a glimpse of the beauty fall and winter bring to us folks in the mitten. 


Connect with Me through Pinterest


How to Do It: Click the "P" icon under the “Follow Me” heading on the right hand side of my page or go to www.pinterest.com/openconcept. Click follow to follow all of my boards or click on boards that might interest you and follow them individually.

Why to Do It: Pinterest is by far the most well rounded of my social media applications. You can find ideas and projects, recipes, home décor, hobbies I’m interested in, etc. I’ve tried to create enough boards so that there is something there for everyone but not too many that it gets to be overwhelming.

What You Get: Pinterest allows you to save - or pin - favorite posts or projects you might want to try later. I try to pin new pins at least four times a week, so if you're following me, these pins will show up in your home feed giving you the option to pin them too. This gives you links to new recipes, craft projects, and organizing ideas more often. Since the blog focuses mostly on organizing, Pinterest gives you the opportunity to learn more about me (and others) who share other similar interests. While I do love organizing and it is a huge part of my life, I also enjoy (and pin about) camping, eating, crafting, shopping, beer tasting, photography, saving money, and fashion.



I would love to get to know you better and learn what kinds of things you're interested in. Take advantage of all the benefits above and follow me on social media today!


What social media application do you like best? What topics would you like to see addressed on social media?

This post was shared in a link party over at:


3GLOL    ABFOL One Project at a Time

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and read every one! I look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...