Friday, February 14, 2014

A Little Inspiration To Get You Out The Door

I've been working on our entry way for a while now, trying to make it a nice warm welcoming area in the house but also a functional area. When I say "working on", what I really mean is dreaming up big plans in my brain... Our dog food storage was one of the first steps in this area that I took action on, knowing that we'd want to store Mando's food out here next to his dishes. But since then, I haven't really done anything else, somewhat due to a lack of time and otherwise due to a lack of budget. Excuses aside, I was roaming through some of my older pins on Pinterest (you know, all those projects you were sure you'd do but then never did?) and I found this one:


Above the door for when you leave.
{Image Via}

I thought it'd be fun to put some sort of inspiration above the entry door so that, as we leave each day, we are encouraged and, as our guests leave, they feel the same. I threw around several bible verses and a few other favorite inspirational quotes, but I kept coming back to the message in the picture: Do something amazing. Short and simple but yet quite inspiring. 


After a few more internal debates, I finally committed and used my Cricut to cut the letters out of black vinyl. I stuck them up above the door jamb and stepped back to take a look.



I feel inspired already. I think I'll keep quiet about this project and see how long it takes the mister to "get inspired" aka notice the message! (Update: It took him 48 hours!) 

Such a simple and easy project, but it adds a unique happy touch to the space. Happy Friday! Go do something amazing!






No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and read every one! I look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...