Friday, December 13, 2013

Freezer Meal Friday ~ Beef Stroganoff

I absolutely love mushrooms. Mushrooms of all kinds. Yum. This stroganoff recipe uses plenty of mushrooms and makes for an easy, delicious, warm meal. 



Of course, you could whip this up for dinner anytime, but I chose to make this meal as a freezer meal. I just combined all the ingredients into a one gallon freezer bag and stuck it in the freezer. Here's what you'll need:

1/2 cup minced onion
1/4 cup butter
1 lb. stew beef (I used ground beef)
1/8 t paprika
2 cups chopped mushrooms

3/4 cup sour cream
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup cream cheese
1 t. salt
1 t. pepper


Once again, I was not thinking clearly (probably had mushrooms on my mind) and didn't take many pictures of this process or of the meal when it was fully cooked, but like I mentioned, it's an easy meal to put together.



I thaw the bag (usually over night) and toss everything into the crock pot in the morning. It cooks best on low for 6-8 hours. As the bag says, you can serve this meal over noodles or rice. I prefer some thick egg noodles. Enjoy!

Do you love mushrooms as much as I do? What's your favorite mushroom recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and read every one! I look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...