Friday, December 20, 2013

Freezer Meal Friday ~ Sausage & Peppers

This freezer meal recipe really is as easy as it sounds. I was skeptical that it would be good. It seemed too simple to be anything worth making. But I was wrong, and it now has become one of the Mister's favorite meals. 





Sausage and Peppers was one of the first freezer meals I tried. I found the delicious recipe here. The first time I made it, I followed the recipe to the T. This time, I made a few adjustments:

  • 6 Italian Sausage {I used Eckrich 4 Pepper Smoked Sausage}
  • 2 Green Peppers {I used orange bell peppers this time because they were on sale}
  • 1 Red Pepper
  • 1 Large Red Onion {I used a yellow onion because it's what I had on hand}
  • 4 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
  • 2 Cans Italian Diced Tomatoes
  • 2 Tbsp Italian Seasoning {I just added some Italian seasonings like oregano and parsley and then some salt and pepper}

The above recipe makes enough for two meals. So you'd split the above ingredients into two 1-gallon freezer bags. 

I marked the freezer bags with the name of the meal and the date and then added the instructions: Cook on low six hours. Then, I chopped up the sausage, peppers, onion, and garlic and added those to the bag. 



I added the 2 cans of tomatoes, undrained and sprinkled in the seasonings. I flattened out the bags a bit and sealed them as air tight as possible.

When I'm ready to make this meal, I thaw it in the fridge over night and throw it in the crock pot in the morning. I've made this recipe served over noodles and served on toasted french bread. We love the french bread option the best, but in this instance I had yummy egg noodles on hand so it was served on those. I topped it off with some shredded mozzarella cheese.


Simple and easy, just how we like it! I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and read every one! I look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...